- estimating installation and repair of HVAC and Mechanical systems and projects.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Reading blueprints, doing take-offs, estimating field labor, acquiring vendor pricing, finalizing budget pricing.
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals, including a thorough review of bid documents, development of RFIs, completing project take-offs, collecting pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, accurately identifying labor requirements, etc., in accordance with project documentation
- Accurately and comprehensively understanding the scope of work and customer requirements to develop a Proposal in line with the desired project outcome
- Surveying and evaluating mechanical systems for installation and repair
- Providing project cost estimates and Proposals for discussion and review with Install Management
- Timely and professional submittal of Bids
- Coordinating with the project management and field operation teams to relay information captured during the estimating phase as well as reviewing job approach and implementation
- Customer Relations- Promptly address customer concerns and resolve with the intent of maintaining a long-term relationship.
- Company Relations-Build and maintain positive rapport and working relationships with all West Jersey personnel to resolve problems, gain opportunities and maximize profit.
- Documentation-Prepare complete, clear, and concise reports, proposals, required company paperwork as required. Maintain support information relative to ongoing work.
- Clean driver’s license (a DMV report will be run as part of the application process. Any offer is contingent upon a clean report)
- Basic knowledge of HVAC-R, mechanical and plumbing systems to be confirmed via a field interview
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the role, including climbing ladders/stairs to view system components, maneuvering in mechanical rooms, and similar
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent time management skills and prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook/Word/Excel. Knowledge of quoting software is a bonus.
- Thorough knowledge of the HVAC industry
- An outgoing personality with strong communication and negotiation skills
- HVAC industry: +5 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: +3 year (Preferred)
- Work experience in the HVAC, sheet metal industry.
- Competitive compensation
- Expense reimbursement
- Medical/dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Additional Voluntary Benefits
Job Type: Full-time